About the job Client Advocate
The Client Advocate works within a multi-disciplinary team to provide specialized information, education, and support to past or recent survivors of sexual assault and their families.
All work at the Dragonfly Counselling & Support Centre (DCSC) will reflect the Mission Statement and philosophical beliefs of the organization. DCSC is a not-for-profit, charitable organization that supports children, adolescents, and adults who have experienced sexual abuse or assault, and educates the public about sexual violence.
They offer a friendly and warm work environment and are looking for someone in this position to work weekly Monday to Friday (or with option of 0.8 Monday to Thursday). Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends is a requirement. This position serves multiple locations, however will be primarily based out of Bonnyville.
- Support the daily operation of PACS (Police and Court Accompaniment & Support) program
- Providing information and support to individuals accessing the legal system
- Providing crisis support, information, advocacy, referrals, court preparation and accompaniment, and case management including intake and informal assessments
- Supporting prevention, outreach, and educational initiatives, including the delivery of core educational programs
- Program development and building new relationships to work collaboratively with professionals from other disciplines, such as the RCMP, Victim Services, and the Crown Prosecutor
- Post-secondary degree in humanities, social and human services or criminal justice is preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Minimum 2-3 years related work experience in crisis intervention and support.
- Previous counselling experience in sexual assault preferred
- Ability to work with the effects of sexual violence on individuals and communities
- Clear Criminal records check and Child/Youth Intervention Check
- Proficient in MS Office, (Outlook, Word, Excel) and case management database
- Valid Alberta Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle. Must be able to travel and provide own transportation
Start date is flexible for this position ***
We thank all who apply; only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.